Pages

Saturday 9 December 2017

Picture This #429 ~ House/Houses

Many thanks to Pat for hosting this week. A good theme, there are so many possibilities as there are so many different types of houses!! I tried to go for a selection of houses that are very different from each other. 

1) A stately home or mansion, seen in Dorset, England.
Country House 1

2) Mill worker's lodge, Cenarth, Wales.
Cenarth Mill Lodge

3) Cliff dwelling known as 'Montezuma's Castle', in Arizona, built by the Sinagua people approx 900 years ago.
Montezuma's Castle 10

4) Officially Britain's smallest house. Conwy, Wales.
UK's Smallest House 2



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful mansion and grounds

    Charming cottage

    Coool dwelling

    Delightful abode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good view on the stately home with all the trimmings. The mill worker's cottage looks very cozy, wouldn't mind something like that myself and all in the natural stone of the area. Montezuma's castle looks a bit like a few old castles we have built into the cliffs in Switzerland. And the smallest house looks just a little too small for the Welsh lady sitting outside, but very original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures, I would happily live in the mill worker's lodge, very cosy shot. Then, again, I would love to be in the cliff dwelling (terrific shot highlighting how isolated it is); I have been to several such dwellings in Arizona and New Mexico and marvel at the construction and what life must have been like. Cute littlest house. But I would prefer the Dorset mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mitch! Your 'houses' are very special from the top to the bottom... Magnificent mansion to visit but not to inhabit.. I, myself, wouldn't like to live in it. The mill worker's lodge looks romantic and it would suit me... amazing cliff dwelling and more amazing is how it is well preserved... my favourite is Britain's smallest house... the woman outside looks very happy...is she the owner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Mitch love your dwellings all of them that manor cool but I bet cold this time of year that cliff dwelling you would never get fat climbing up and down there lol but my fav is the smallest house in britain love it not much to clean

    ReplyDelete