Pages

Saturday 18 November 2017

Picture This #426 ~ Favorite Songs

What a fabulous banner shot by Pat! And a great theme by Anders, well done. People's music tells us much about them. I had fun finding pictures to go with some of my beloved songs. (Couldn't find anything to go with Dylan's "Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll", and maybe that is just as well.) Anyway, here they are.

Jasmine
Jasmine, taken in Georgia. "Georgia On My Mind" by Hoagie Carmichael, sung by Ray Charles and also by Willie Nelson and others.

Pelican
"Shine On, You Crazy Diamond", Pink Floyd.

Appleblossoms
"I'll Be With You in Apple Blossom Time", by Emmy Rossom, sung by the Andrews Sisters. A favorite from my childhood.



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. I was only listening this morning to Georgia on my Mind, but by Oscar Peterson. I don't know Jasmine so well, but a beautiful flower. Good shot of the diamonds on the water surface and the lonely bird. Good details on the apple blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful songs and your pics go beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly wonderful photos to depict the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots! I've never seen this variety of jasmine in Georgia. The kind that I had growing at my house had tiny white fragrant flowers. But this variety, while toxic, is much prettier.

    That last song I don't know. I'll look for it later on You Tube. The photo is gorgeous!

    The Pink Floyd song brings back sad memories. The song title is wonderful paired with your beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Benni !! Great shots to go with your chosen songs. Lovely mellow colour of the Jasmine goes with the mellow sound of that song. Love the glittering 'sun diamonds' in the second shot illustrating another of my all-time favourite songs (there are several by Floyd that would make my Top 50). Beautiful blossom in the last shot, although I don't know the song.

    ReplyDelete