Pages

Saturday 11 November 2017

Picture This #425 ~ Art Or Photography

Great banner shot and very intriguing theme. I am late, and in a bit of a hurry, but will be back later to comment.


Doorway
I was having trouble, in Florida, getting my camera to focus on the moon. I thought I had it set up, but the shutter seemed frozen. So I pointed to the doorway and the shutter clicked, so I renewed my efforts to get the moon.

Solar eclipse
I wasn't able to get eclipse glasses and thought I would miss it. Then I saw pix people had taken with light boxes and colanders that showed the crescent of the sun and the shadow of the moon. I rushed out with my colander, an assistant, and my camera. You can sort of see the eclipse. Sorta.

Driftwood
Just couldn't get this driftwood to look like I wanted it to. I took about 10 shots.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Benni !! Great shots for Pat's theme. I like the warm glow and the wind-chimes in the first shot. I'm glad you gave an explanation of that second shot, as I'd never have guessed that's what it was!!! Certainly makes for a unique piece of artistic photography!! Love the simplicity of composition of the third shot. The shape of the branch reminds me of a dancer doing stretching exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi benni alas some days are like that but they all came out super duper I love the colander one

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo has very good light effects, they are the suprise photos. We didn't get the eclipse in europe. Your effort is interesting with the start pattern. It's the simple still life of objects that makes photos with something different and the driftwood is one of them.

    ReplyDelete