Pages

Saturday 7 October 2017

Picture This #420 ~ Woodland, Forest Or Trees

This is a perfect theme for me as I try to spend some time each day walking in the woods and have been exploring different woodland preserves in my area. Thank you for having my picture as the banner shot! As always I am honored.

Barred Owl
Walking, I saw a blur, and suddenly there it was, an owl. This is a barred owl, one of the few owls that hunt during the day.

Woodpecker tree
This tree is being excavated by woodpeckers looking for insects.

Big rock
A boulder in the woods. Nice place to sit and have a sip of water.

Manasota Key
Forests in Florida are different from temperate zone forests. The vegetation grows so fast that paths are quickly overgrown. I tend to walk on the edge so as to avoid hostile wildlife such as snakes, spiders and thorns.



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful capture of the owl.

    Amazing fissure

    Mysterious boulder and magical tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benni !! Fabulous shots for this week's theme. Beautiful capture of the owl.....what a wonderful encounter. Those woodpeckers certainly have been busy!! If they keep that up the poor tree is going to fall over. Your third shot made me raise an eyebrow.....pondering how that boulder came to be there!! Ancient glacial movement, would be my guess. I really like that tree's natural 'lattice-work' and the colourful flowers surrounding it in the final shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Benni wonderful shots love the owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful variety of shots. Love the owl capture, I only hear them but have never seen one in our forests, probably because they only appear at night. An interesting woodpecker sign, another unique photo. The boulder looks very impressive, but a bit cold for a seat.Your forests are really something completely different, no leaves just needles and spikes. Interesting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And congratulations to the wonderful banner shot.

    ReplyDelete