Pages

Saturday 2 September 2017

Picture This #417 ~ Meadows, Fields And Wetlands

Hello to all from Benni, I will be hosting this week. Thank you much for putting my picture as banner. 😌

As we've seen this week, the value of unpaved land is important in times of storms and heavy rains. To honor these natural sponges, my theme this week is "Meadows, Fields And Wetlands". Any unpaved area will do, there are many of them out there and they are not only beautiful, but also serve a purpose in preserving our environment.


Prairie
Woodland prairie with grasses and flowers.

Wetland
Overlooking a marshy area, home to ducks, frogs, and other animals.

104_0473
Deep in the Canadian woods, this pond was formed by a beaver dam. Beyond the woods there is a meadow filled with ferns and grasses.



6 comments:

  1. very very nice banner benni
    your theme is good wide range
    love all your shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful limegreen-, saffron- and palepurple-grassed meadow

    Serene shots of the marsh and lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benni !! Many thanks for hosting this week. A great theme, I really like it. Love that meadow in the first shot with all the wild 'Susans' in it. Never seen them grow wild here, only in gardens. That marshland in the second shot would be great for bird photography, I would think, and maybe a few water critters, too. Nice light in the last shot, although I'd have loved to have seen the actual beaver dam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitch - the actual beaver dam is in the picture, in the foreground. I am standing on it. It is an old dam, silt filled up the spaces between the twigs, and grasses and other plants took root.

      Delete
  4. A very good theme Benni. I have also never seen black eyed susans growing so wild. I can be happy when they appear every year in my garden. I can imagine that the marshlands have intersting wild life. The last photo is very interesting. We also hae beavers here, but I have never seen one, although there are posters everywhere along the river. We just get river rats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Benni!Thanks Benni for hosting and for the choice of a good theme for this week. Love the three photos and the yellow patches against the greens make the top two shots really beautiful. Good work by a beaver... a very skilled one...

    ReplyDelete