Pages

Saturday 19 August 2017

Picture This #415 ~ Bridges

Hi everyone, this is Mitch and I'll be hosting this week. The theme this week will be 'Bridges'. I think we have had this theme before, so apologies for that, but my original idea for the theme (Monuments & Memorials) I decided might not be appropriate given what's been happening in the US lately. Let's see your best shots of engineering built to span rivers.

1) Old stone bridge crossing the Cleddau River at Black Pool Mill, Pembrokeshire, Wales. 
Portal

2) The impressive O'Callaghan - Tillman bridge over the Hoover Dam, Nevada/Arizona border.
Colorado & The Bridge 1

3) Unique stone bridge across the River Teifi at Cenarth, Wales, that has 'portholes' built into the structure.
Cenarth Bridge

4) The Severn Suspension Bridge spanning the Severn River, linking England and Wales.
Severn Across



5 comments:

  1. Hi Mitch! Awesome shots for the theme of your choice, which I really like. It would be hard to imagine how life would be without bridges... Love the four different bridges but the top one and its reflection is a very special photo and makes it be my favourite, thought he second one is worth being viewed with careful attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent bridges! I love the circle made by the bridge and its reflection in your first shot. Also love the cobalt blue water in the second one. The last two show a contrast between old and new, and I prefer the old bridge. (Wonder what the portholes are for.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good selection of bridges. Nothing as nostalgic as the old stone bridges from GB. I remember the Hoover Damm from my school days, a real modern feat of enginerring. Another wonderful welsh bridge, they don't make them like that today and the bridge across the Severn is very impressive. Must admit I have never been to Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first I am sorry I really didn't publish grrrr wondered why you only had 3 comments sorry
    love your shots love the stone bridge and the Hover Dam Bridge wow and the Suspension bridge over the Severn wow also reminds of the song about the Severn River

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sturdy structure

    It truly is impressive!

    Peculiar - looks like a face.

    Wonderful shot of the suspensions.

    ReplyDelete