Pages

Saturday 19 November 2016

Picture This #378 ~ The Four Elements

Thanks for hosting Anders and a special thanks for featuring my frozen leaves as the banner photo.

Air - We all need air, especially this swarm of tiny flies that accompanied me on a walk along the River Bank. I sat down on a bench and took a few photos - this was an experiment.
Gnats 30.10 (5)

Fire - I do not have a lot of photos of fire, and most have been shown here, so here is one of my firebugs that seem to occupy my garden in Summer.
Fire Bugs 30.08 (2)

Water - A shot of the local river Aar, just along the path where I live, with some of its numerous swans.
River Aar 16.10 (3)

Earth - we had our lawn replenished with ready rolled turf some time ago. Here is the guy with a wheelbarrow loaded with earth and already growing lawn.
Lawn rolls



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wonderful banner shot, Pat! I like your bugs; I thought they were birds at first. And the firebug is great, brilliant color. Your "water" shot is very peaceful and beautiful with the swans. Marvelous shot of the earth rolled up, a very nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat!! Great shots for this week's theme!! Like Benni, I also though that the first shot was birds, but the fact they are insects makes it an even better shot. Wonderful macro of the firebug, he really stands out against the dead flower. Beautifully tranquil scene in your third shot. i really like your take with the fourth shot.......'rolled up Earth' !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful capture of the milling flies in the blue sky

    Terrific macroshot of the bug

    Beautiful and serene shot of the swans on the river.

    Turf's up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat love all your pics especially fire so cute and your frozen leaves are wonderful

    ReplyDelete