Pages

Saturday 23 January 2016

Picture This #337 ~ Strange

Many thanks to Pat for hosting this week. A great theme, that should produce some really interesting photos!! I like taking 'strange' shots.....either strange things I've seen, or everyday objects from strange angles!!

Here are a few of mine:

1) While visiting the monastery island of Caldy, off the coast of Pembrokeshire, Wales, I spotted this huge old rusty tank lying on it's side. It sort of reminded me of an abandoned rocket from an old Flash Gordon serial.
Any Old Iron

2)  I call this one 'Reflected Wisdom'. The front of the Millenium Centre, in Cardiff, Wales, has two sayings, one English, one Welsh, in huge letters on the front of the building. This is part of the Welsh saying reflected in the mirrored fountain-tower opposite it.  
Reflected Wisdom

3) An extreme close-up of a bottle of washing-up liquid in the kitchen.
Berry Clean 1

4)  Joanne seen through a 'liquid bubble-chamber', Techniquest Centre, Cardiff, Wales. Beam me up!!
Bubble Blonde



6 comments:

  1. Hi Mitch what a cool banner from Benni
    love all your shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture of the rivetting

    wow so cool

    Beautiful colour

    Lovely shot of Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great shots. That rusty tank is just the sort of thing that fascinates me; you took a great shot of it with a little greenery for contrast. The reflected letters picture is marvelous! I love it. Nice shot of the dish soap, that's also the sort of "ordinary" thing I like to take a picture of. And, yes, Joanne does look like she is aboard an Enterprise transporter. I like that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rusty tank, something completely different. Good angle on the lettering and the things you can photograph in a bottle of washing up liquid. It really does look like Joanne is being beamed up, good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mitch! Four awesome and different shots for Pat's interesting theme. From the rusty tank to the nice image of Joanne, I would say that I have not a specifically favourite one, but they all are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, otherworldly shots. They all fit together. I love the shot of Joanne the best.

    ReplyDelete