Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Picture This #293 ~ Spring Flowers

Hello everyone from the beginnings of Spring in Switzerland. I know a bit of a boring subject, but today was the first day I sat outside and wrote a couple of blogs on the patio surrounded by my lawn which was not only grass, but a few flowers. I am sure we all have a few spring flowers to show, even if you are knee deep in cold and snow, so let's go.

My first snowdrops of the year. I was surprised they survived as we had a makeover in the garden last year, but I have three groups. They look a bit sorry for themselves, but it was only a week or so ago we had the last snowfall.
Snowdrops


This year's first crocus and a couple of bees even appeared to complete the photo. See them waving.
Early spring crocus


Nothing special, but this was the first glance I had at the spring awakening in the garden. Lots of grass, but dotted with the first crocus.
Early spring crocus


And the hyacinths are on their way, although I must admit this was last year. They are almost like this now.
The first hyacinths


7 comments:

  1. Hi Pat !! Many thanks for hosting this week. A nice challenge, I'm sure most members will have something for it. There are no Spring flowers out yet where I am, so I'll have to find some archive shots. Love all of your shots. Snowdrops are remarkably hardy and can survive more than just cold weather!! Beautiful shot of the crocuses, such happy-looking flowers. The bees are certainly enjoying them!! Lovely shot of the hyacinths to finish with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! What a perfect theme! Many of us are yearning for the lovely little flowers that herald spring. Snowdrops are so brave, like yours they poke up just as soon as they can. I love your happy waving bees on the delicate crocus, and the crocus popping up in the yard. Hyacinths are among my favorite flowers; you have a very nice picture of some blue ones. My favorite is the bees! Glorious spring sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat a wonderful theme for this tme of year up here 400 M we don't have anything jyet but down bellow there are a few--
    love your choice of banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi pat, lovely and perfumed theme. love the pics of your garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to see Spring returning Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly lovely collection of flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice set of flower shots.... what a lovely colour the hyacinths have!

    ReplyDelete